We offer an exciting and challenging work life in a small, dynamic, and innovative company with high ambitions. We bring talented people with competencies and passion into play in an environment where empowerment, spirit, and can-do attitude are at the forefront. We work as a team to make a difference for people with cachexia, sarcopenia and related diseases.
April 13th 2022/Deadline: May 15th 2022
Research Scientist for in vivo Pharmacology
We are looking for a Research Scientist for a two-year postdoc position within the in vivo pharmacology area. The position is based at Pephexia Therapeutics ApS and involves collaboration with the Clemmensen group at the at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Centre for Basic Metabolic Research, led by Associate Professor Christoffer Clemmensen.
Pephexia is a start-up biotechnology company that focuses on the discovery and development of novel peptide therapeutics for the treatment of cachexia and related diseases. We are a growing company, which today employs a small team of experienced drug discovery professionals working in a semi-virtual set-up in close collaboration with several advisors, consultants, and multiple CROs. We are developing a pipeline of proprietary projects currently in the research phase, and are based at the BioInnovation Institute, BII, Ole Maaløes Vej 3, Copenhagen N, where we have both laboratory and office facilities.
As our new Research Scientist (postdoc), you will take responsibility of the in vivo pharmacology area. This work includes the planning, managing, execution, and reporting of all external in vivo pharmacology studies performed at CROs, as well as additional in vivo pharmacology research activities performed at the Clemmensen lab. As responsible for the in vivo pharmacology area, you will report directly to CTO & Head of Research Søren L. Pedersen and be an active player in the project team. The successful candidate will be involved in cross-functional drug discovery projects with the overall aim of selecting and characterizing drug candidates for further clinical testing. The work includes mode-of-action studies of lead compounds on aspects of energy homeostasis, appetite regulation, and disease progression with the aim of identifying novel therapeutics for the treatment of cachexia.
- PhD degree (from 2018-2022) within a relevant life science area.
- Practical experience with the in vivo pharmacology area, including planning and execution of studies, designing experiments, and interpretation and reporting of results.
- Technical experience with aspects of energy homeostasis, appetite regulation, and/or exercise such as metabolic cages, energy expenditure, endurance test, or similar.
- Experience with preclinical drug discovery and/or a proven scientific record within in vivo pharmacology.
- Knowledge and experience with animal models of cachexia is considered an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Knowledge and experience with areas like histology, assays, genetics, and bioinformatics is considered an advantage, but not a requirement.
As a person you are:
- Self-motivated, independent, and wants to be an active player in a small organization.
- Collaborative and can navigate in a dual biotech/university setting.
- Organized and responsible – you can both drive CRO studies and communicate results to stakeholders, such as the project team.
- Proactive, curious, and have positive mindset.
Please apply no later than May 15th, 2022, by e-mailing your motivated cover letter and CV (including publication list – max 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications may be reviewed on an ongoing basis. You should be able to fulfil the requirements for an Industrial postdoc from the Innovation fund Denmark (guidelines). If you have questions about the position, please contact CTO & Head of Research Søren L. Pedersen at +45 27 20 70 61.
About Pephexia Therapeutics and Cachexia: Pephexia Therapeutics is a biotechnology company founded in 2020, working with the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based pharmacotherapies for an effective and convenient treatment of cachexia and related diseases. Cachexia is a severe and growing wasting disease that affects up to 12 million patients and causes a total of 1.5-2.0 million deaths per year. For more information look through this website and our LinkedIn page.
Pephexia Therapeutics ApS
Ole Maaløes Vej 3, 3rd floor
DK-2200 Copenhagen N